We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Biscuits and cookies
- Peanut butter cookies
A lovely cookie that is great with a cup of tea or can great with some ice cream. It's my favourite peanut butter cookie recipe and I have used it for quite a few years. Why not try it? You might like it, too.
Sussex, England, UK
15 people made this
- 380g plain flour
- 60g caster sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 65g shortening (Trex) or butter, melted
- 3/4 tablespoon honey
- 100g peanut butter (I use crunchy)
- 2 eggs
- caster sugar for rolling the cookies in
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:25min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- In a bowl mix flour, sugar, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt.
- Mix the shortening or butter, the honey and the peanut butter together well for a couple of minutes. Add eggs one at a time and beat well again.
- Add the flour mix to the peanut butter mix and beat together until combined and you have dough.
- Roll dough into balls and roll in the caster sugar. Place the balls on greased or lined baking trays and flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake for around 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly then move them to a wire tray to cool completely. Store them tightly covered.
You can add some dried fruit like sultanas to this recipe if you like, or even some chocolate chips.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (3)
Altered ingredient amounts.I would add extra honey and peanut butter as the taste was lost when cooked.-27 May 2011
No taste. Made them into a Cheese Cake base-11 Oct 2015
Sorry, but I think the quantities of both honey and pb could be increased. I added an extra 2 tables honey, but the predominate taste is salty (from the bicarbonate I'd say). Im disappointed I can't give a higher rating.-25 Jun 2015(Review from this site AU | NZ)