We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
This is a refreshing and unique salad, with beautiful Asian flavours. Use different varieties of apples to get a nice contrast between flavours and textures.
Cambridgeshire, England, UK
1 person made this
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 Granny Smith apples, cored and sliced
- 3 Pink Lady apples, cored and sliced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 tbsp dry roasted peanuts, crushed
- handful coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- juice of 2 limes
MethodPrep:15min ›Ready in:15min
- First make the dressing by blending together the garlic, chilli and sugar in a food processor to make a rough paste. Then add the fish sauce and lime juice and season to taste.
- For the salad, fry the shallots in the oil for around 5 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- Toss the apple in the lime juice, then mix with the tomatoes and dressing.
- Serve topped with the peanuts, crisp shallots and coriander.
South African apples and pears are in season between February and October. Many varieties of apples and pears are widely available in British supermarkets, including speciality blushed Forelle pears and sweet, crunchy Royal Gala apples.