We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
I was trying to think of something different that I could do with 'sausages' and I came up with this!
Stirlingshire, Scotland, UK
14 people made this
- 8 pork sausages
- 1 tin of beans
- 6 large potatoes, chopped
- 150ml boiling water
- 5-6 teaspoons gravy granules
- 50g (2 oz) cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to season
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:1hr ›Ready in:1hr15min
- Bring a large pan of boiling salted water to the boil and cook the potatoes for 30-35 minutes or until tender, then drain and mash. Fry or grill the sausages until browned, then cut in half lengthways. Lay the sliced sausage in the bottom of an ovenproof dish.
- Make up the gravy with the boiling water and gravy granules until you have a thick gravy, season, then pour over the sausages.
- Next add the tin off beans, spread them out so that they are even. Add the mashed potato to the top and spread out. Finally add the grated cheese evenly over the potato.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the cheese is golden.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (2)
Easy to make, and we enjoyed it. will have it again. nice one Keri.-24 Sep 2012
It's difficult to get proper sausages here in Kentucky but I have learned to make my own. I fell in love with them when I visited London a few years ago. I made this recipe as described then made it again with one modification of adding half an onion ,diced, before the baked beans. My boys and I love it....the girls...not so much.-08 Jul 2012