We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Chicken pasta
- Chicken pasta bakes
- Chicken lasagne
A very tasty and easy dish to make. My boyfriend loves it!
West Lothian, Scotland, UK
62 people made this
- 350g chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 clove garlic
- 120g chorizo, sliced 1cm thick and chopped in half
- 1 onion, chopped
- handful mushrooms, chopped
- 1 red pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 chicken stock cube, crumbled
- 1 packet Colmans® cheese sauce mix
- 300ml milk
- 5 lasagne verdi sheets
- goats cheese, grated, for topping, or any cheese
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:50min ›Ready in:1hr
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Fry the chicken and garlic until the chicken is browned then set aside.
- Fry the chorizo and onion together until the onion has softened then add the mushroom, pepper and cooked chicken, tomato puree and chopped tomatoes, oregano and mixed herbs.
- Bring the sauce to the boil and reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the sauce has thickened, sprinkle in the stock cube and allow to thicken further.
- Meanwhile, make the cheese sauce with milk as the packet states. Layer the bottom of an ovenproof dish with 2 lasagne sheets or enough to cover the base, then layer half of the chicken and chorizo mix followed by half of the cheese sauce then another layer of lasagne sheets, the rest of the chicken and chorizo mix and finally cover with the rest of the cheese sauce,
- Allow this to cool for about 10 minutes then grate cheese on top, any cheese can be used. I prefer to slice soft goats cheese and lay this on top.
- Bake in the oven until the top is golden brown, 30 to 45 minutes, and enjoy!
I like to serve this with sweet potato wedges and salad.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(11)
Reviews in English (10)
This is very simple recipe that gives an excellent result:-23 Aug 2010
Made this lasagne last night and it was absolutely delicious, the whole family loved it, i would definately recommend it!-25 Jun 2010
Lovely tasty dish. I used sliced aubergine instead of lasagne sheets..really tasty and good if you don't want the carbs.-15 Jun 2017