We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Banana pudding
A lovely, warming banana sponge pudding with warm toffee sauce. It's turned upside down when removed from the oven. It is delicious served with cream or custard.
194 people made this
- 60g butter
- 110g dark brown soft sugar
- 2 to 3 bananas
- Sponge mixture
- 90g butter
- 90g sugar
- few drops vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 75ml milk
- 185g self-raising flour
- 1 pinch of salt
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:45min ›Ready in:1hr
- To make the toffee: Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add dark brown soft sugar. Stir till it bubbles and is well blended. Pour into the bottom of a round cake tin. Slice bananas lengthways and place over the caramel mixture.
- For the sponge mixture: Cream butter and sugar and vanilla; add beaten eggs one by one. Stir in sifted flour alternately with the milk, along with a pinch of salt.
- Spread sponge mixture over the bananas. Bake in a preheated 180 C / Gas 4 oven for approximately 40 to 45 minutes. Test with a skewer to ensure cake is done. Cool slightly, then invert onto a serving dish. Serve with cream or custard.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(12)
Reviews in English (11)
Something else.Instead of one big pudding I used individual ramekins placed on to serving dishes and covered with home made custard-11 Nov 2010
Very easy and tasty pudding. Will definitely make again-23 Jul 2011
Very easy to make as all ingredients were already in the cupboard. You'd think it was a sickly sweet pudding but it's not. The sponge layer doesn't have much sugar in it which really balances out the taste. I used soft light brown sugar instead of dark brown.-08 Dec 2013